Stuck out overnight? - got no tent or sleeping bag - are you an idiot? - evidently you are.
However, you could redeem yourself by carrying one of these superb pieces of kit.
Here is what Paul, our kit expert had to say about it:
It's rolls/folds down to the size of a toasted sandwich.
The man above is using his as a sledge in the middle of summer - he is an idiot but at least has a vivid imagination.
Obviously it's intended use is to keep you warm when you need it most - and having tried one i can tell you that in all seriousness, it is warm - very warm.
Here are the "proper" specs:
- Made from "reflexcell" material, which blocks heat loss more effectively than any other emergency product.
- Warmth of 8 togs - equivalent to medium weight sleeping bag.
- Fits tall adults (i am one and i had plenty of room).
- Has drawcord to tighten at the top.
- Has elastic in it to hold it close to the body.
In all seriousness, this is a fabulous piece of kit for anything from an adventure race through to a planned bivouac - For emergency situations on or off the mountains even something as simple as being stuck out in the car for the night when it snows heavily.
Anyway, it's only €40 and it could save your life - for the cheapskates amongst you it also comes in bag form for only €26 - that could still save your life but you'll still be cheap.